FilmUP.com > Forum > Tutto Cinema - My Istintive Thoughts on "Barry Lyndon"
  Indice Forum | Registrazione | Modifica profilo e preferenze | Messaggi privati | FAQ | Regolamento | Cerca     |  Entra 

FilmUP Forum Index > Cinema > Tutto Cinema > My Istintive Thoughts on "Barry Lyndon"   
Autore My Istintive Thoughts on "Barry Lyndon"
seanma

Reg.: 07 Nov 2001
Da: jjjjjjjj (MI)
Inviato: 08-01-2004 21:55  
A chilling and touching retrospective on 18th Century,but not only...(POSSIBLE MINIMAL SPOILERS)

Redmond Barry is a man.This is his primary feature.A man moved by a strong desire of being "someone" of having a certain prestige.He is a rusty farmer fallen in love with a coaged named Nora.So Redmond firstly makes growing sentimental ideals and consequently jealousy.But during the whole film we assist to an evolution of Redmond'character:from the romantical guy of the beginning,he would became ,indeed very slowly,a ruthless cynic nobleman. What caused this change? The entire film seems suggesting a self-distructive tension that possesses Barry and saying this,it's the same to say that Every man has this tension. Redmond's ambition carried him to be a nobleman,but will take him to ruin. The power of "Barry Lyndon"stays in its strong allegorycal conception:Barry is not a real person he's a PARADIGMA,an example of human (fake)progress. Kubrick's film is a disillusioned overview of human feelings and passions,as I already said,a nihilist analysis of human condition,a marvellous show of human capability of surviving and imperating,of suffering and cheering,of loving and hating,of BEING HIMSELF. And what more suitable time era than 18 th century to (de)monstrate us all these things?So "Barry Lyndon"also becomes a masterfully epic depict of the Revolutions Century,the Century where love was restricted,the Century where wars were an usual habit,where honor and dignity were forgotten,where wasn't important how you really were,but your estetical appearance and behavior,the Century where didn't count to be human,but to be noble. And Kubrick underlines all this with Barry's character but also putting in some very strange and particular figures as The Chevalier or older Lyndon,perfect example of this type of humanity. How can be forgotten the tragicly suffered personality of Lady Lyndon,struggled between a mother love and a slavish relationship with Barry,or again the fragile Lord Bullington,who had the strenght to understand Barry's big mistake(and consequently able to understand the wrongness of the culture who he was living in)but wasn't strong enough to admit the defeat and save a little dignity. But the greatness of this film is in its technical perfection:every scene seems to be a splendidly beautiful painting and music gives 'that'magic touch.Right the idea of using a narrator,calm and quiet,presaging and disturbing,tragic and cynic that gives the adapt tone to this epic story. Kubrick's best film by far,"Barry Lyndon"is nothing other than an absolute and perfect masterpiece.

I'll say you only a thing:run and go renting(although buying is better) It's worth spending 3 hours

from "IMDB"

Written 10/11/02

Visualizza il profilo di seanma  Invia un messaggio privato a seanma  Vai al sito web di seanma    Rispondi riportando il messaggio originario

0.003574 seconds.

© 1999-2020 FilmUP.com S.r.l. Tutti i diritti riservati
FilmUP.com S.r.l. non è responsabile ad alcun titolo dei contenuti dei siti linkati, pubblicati o recensiti.
Testata giornalistica registrata al Tribunale di Cagliari n.30 del 12/09/2001.
Le nostre Newsletter
Seguici su: